Call For Papers
We are delighted to announce to you that the East African Conference On Open Source(EACOS), will be taking place on 26th – 29th August 2019 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are assembling a four day general session program for businesses and home Linux and Open Source Software users, newcomers and experienced pros alike. We will also hold a full day of vendor-led training sessions provided by our sponsors.
In that spirit, we invite you to share your interests and your work with the rest of the community by submitting your session for this year’s program. The deadline for proposals is June 1st, 2019 at 11:59pm EAT.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
– The Linux Kernel
– Open Source and Community Management
– User Experience, User Interfaces, and Open Source Design
– Open Source Graphics and Multimedia
– Free Software Licensing, Trademarks, and Patents
– Open Source in Government and Civics
– Embedded Linux and Open Source on Mobile Devices
– Open Hardware
– Open Source Programming Languages
– Privacy and Anonymity Online
– Encryption and Security
– Application Development
– Big Data
– Streaming Event Processing
– Reactive Programming
– Linux and Open Source For Beginners
– Web Development
– Open Source Marketing and Outreach
– Linux Performance Tuning
– Open Source in Healthcare and Medicine
– Robotics and Drones
– Data Journalism
– Open Access Publishing
– Open Source in the Classroom: Elementary through Higher Education
– Open Data and Open Culture
Session slots are 45 minutes in length and we also have lightning talks and workshops available.
Basic technical setup will include an overhead projector. Special setup needs will be accommodated; simply let us know in the “special arrangements” section.